Our Approach, Culture, & Curriculum
Whole Child Approach
The first five years of a child’s life are critical to their future educational success and having positive educational experiences early in life lay a foundation that supports future development, happiness, health, and growth in kindergarten and beyond.
Cadence Education preschools take a Whole Child approach to early childhood education and strive to ensure every child is safe, engaged, supported, and challenged every fun-filled day. Our trained teachers and comprehensive, individualized early childhood education program prepare children for a smooth and stress-free transition into kindergarten. In fact, a 2016 research study showed that 93% of Cadence Education students were ready for kindergarten with 70% testing at an advanced kindergarten-readiness level.
Kind Child Culture
Research shows that when children feel comfortable relating with their peers, know how to resolve problems, and have the ability to recognize and handle their emotions, it has an enormous impact on how their adult lives take shape. Kind Child is a yearlong program for children ages 2 and older that instills the following values:
- Being Polite and Respectful
- Respecting Differences
- Positive Self-Image & Encouragement
Our Kind Child culture enables teachers to nurture and strengthen every child’s social and emotional skills. It escalates every child’s feelings of happiness, improves their well-being, and enriches their friendships.
Creative Kaleidoscope of Learning
The Creative Kaleidoscope of Learning is a hands-on, interactive curriculum that is tailored to meet the individual needs of each child. It’s built upon decades of educational research that proves young children learn best through direct sensory encounters with the world. We don’t believe in a “one size fits all” approach, which is why our teachers tailor learning activities to meet each child’s needs.
Each month, our teachers facilitate age-appropriate learning and skill development in these subjects:
- Language – Young children have a remarkable capacity for learning languages. We teach our infants, toddlers, and 2-year-olds sign language and our preschoolers start learning Spanish at age 3.
- Literacy – Children get a head start in reading and writing when they master the pre-literacy skills embedded into many of our daily activities.
- Mathematics – Young children learn math best by living it, so we blend math with other subjects in fun and challenging ways. The concepts of counting, geometry, and measurement are taught through real-life activities.
- Science – We introduce children to science and nature through safe, hands-on experiences. In addition to planned activities, teachers find opportunities to teach science using materials found in nature.
- Creative Expression – We expose children to a variety of creative experiences to prepare them for a lifetime of creative expression. Our teachers provide students with numerous opportunities to freely express themselves through art, music, drama, and dance every day.
- Physical Fitness – Children benefit from regular physical activities, so we ensure they get at least one hour of vigorous physical activity every day to supplement classroom learning.
- Cultural Understanding – Cultural understanding is a classroom culture, not just a series of lesson plans. We encourage children to celebrate diversity and to be proud of their backgrounds. We teach children to respect and value everyone regardless of their physical appearance, gender, abilities, or ethnicity.
- Technology – Technology is a vital part of the education experience. Our students explore how technology is used for different purposes and we give them opportunities to practice using a computer, tablet, or SMART Board.