A Place As Nurturing As Home
As parents, we understand how hard it can be to entrust the care of your infant to someone else. Of course, you want to be there for each smile, squirm, and squeal. With our infant child care program, you will. We take a partnership approach with parents, from working with you, to developing your baby’s daily schedule to capturing special moments with photos and sending them to you. Each day, you receive detailed written reports of your little one’s feeding, sleeping, diapering, and learning activities. At Phoenix Children’s Academy, we make sure this first transition away from home is smooth and joyful for you and your baby.
Infant Education Cultivates Foundational Skills
Experiences during your child’s first three years of life are pivotal to his or her physical, intellectual, and socio-emotional growth. In fact, 82% of the brain develops during this time. Through personalized care and engaging activities in a calm, secure environment, our professional team fosters your baby’s early foundational skills.
- Cognitive: Early brain development is dependent on a multitude of factors, including caregiver responsiveness, exposure to language and conversation, nutrition, and physical activity. In our daycare curriculum, we take a holistic approach to support growth in all areas.
- Socio-Emotional: Recent brain research reveals that emotional and cognitive development are closely interrelated. Providing responsive caregiving to infants not only helps them begin to regulate their emotions and gain a sense of safety and predictability in their social environments, but also strongly supports attention and learning.
- Physical: The development of small and large muscles is important during these early years of life. Whether your baby is just starting to raise his or her head, rolling from stomach to back, or taking that first step, our nursery offers plenty of comfortable space for him or her to practice these burgeoning motor skills in a safe and secure environment.
Developmental Activities Include:
- Attentive Talking: Language is key to learning for infants—and not just hearing a steady stream of words. Research indicates a back-and-forth exchange of words, sounds, and expressions between caregiver and child is an active ingredient to brain development. Throughout all hours of daycare school, our caregivers not only talk to your baby but also tune in to their responses and encourage vocalizing and babbling.
- Story Time: It’s never too early to start reading to children. Every day, our professional caregivers read to your baby, which boosts his or her awareness, listening, and memory skills.
- Rhyming & Singing: Song and music strengthens cognitive skills and enhances babies’ moods. Our caregivers are often singing and cooing to your infant, creating a loving and positive environment.
- Rocking & Cuddling: Caregivers provide continual physical and emotional support to your infant through rocking and cuddling. These early interactions positively influence socio-emotional development.
- Baby Signs®: Before even learning to talk, your baby can communicate when he or she is hungry, tired, hot or cold through Baby Signs®, the original sign language program for infants. Baby Signs® has proven to be an effective tool for minimizing infants’ frustration with communication and boosting emotional development.
- Positive Play: Our experienced teachers encourage play with carefully selected toys to help develop your infant’s gross and fine motor skills, hand-eye coordination, visual tracking, and creative and cognitive skills.
- Safety First: As they develop their motor skills and minds, babies need plenty of room to move and explore. To ensure your little one’s safety, the nursery in our infant program complies with the strictest state and federal safety regulations, as well as those imposed by toy and equipment manufacturers.
Your Baby’s Home Away from Home
The first few years lay the foundation for success for the rest of your child’s life, and we know you wish you could be there for each and every moment. That’s why we offer a collaborative infant care program. Our staff and caregivers work so closely with parents that they often feel Phoenix Children’s Academy is extended family. Our approach to infant child care is as professional as it is personal. Through research-informed environments and activities, we help foster essential skills for school and life, while nurturing your baby’s pivotal early development.