About Phoenix Children’s Academy
The directors, teachers, and staff at Phoenix Children’s Academy Private Preschool, Surprise want your entire family to feel at home every time you step into our preschool. We believe that the care of young children creates a partnership between family and school and we constantly communicate with you about your child’s daily activities and academic progress. We have an open door policy at our daycare center and we encourage our parents to stop by for a visit at any time. We also have fun family events throughout the year including Parent’s Night Out, Trunk or Treat, science fair, and school picnics.
Our playground is an amazing place for young children to explore and play. The kids especially love our covered play areas, basketball court, and our splash pad. We also have a Smart Board, which allows us to engage our preschool students in a variety of educational games in the morning and afternoon.
- Infant Daycare (ages 6 weeks to 1 year). Our warm, caring teachers work closely with our families to create an optimal schedule for each infant.
- Toddler Daycare (ages 1 to 2). We teach everything from socialization to potty training in our Toddler program.
- Early Learners (ages 2 to 3). Our Early Learners program introduces children to activities that enhance their communication and language skills, encourage reading, and help them develop a healthy lifestyle.
- Preschool (ages 3 to 4). Children in our Preschool program engage in personalized activities that teach them about science, math, computers, and language.
- Pre-Kindergarten (ages 4 to 5). Our Pre-Kindergarten program gets your child ready for a successful future by fine-tuning the skills needed in kindergarten.
- Before and After School Care (ages 5 to 12). Our before and after care program provides complete support for our elementary students. We help with homework and provide transportation to and from Imagine Rosefield, Paradise Honors Elementary, Legacy Traditional School, and Calibre Academy.
- Summer Camp (ages 5 to 12). School age children experience fun-filled days spent learning, socializing, and exploring in our Summer Camp.
Our Educational Philosophy
Academic development is always an important part of a preschool curriculum, but we believe in nurturing the Whole Child, which means that we also focus on the social, emotional, and physical development of each child in our care. Our Ascend Curriculum provides us a balanced framework for engaging our young students. Our teachers help our preschool students work towards important milestones in a variety of subjects such as Mathematics, Literacy, Cultural Understanding, and Technology every month. Our passionate staff, individualized skill-based curriculum, and stimulating preschool centers work together to create a strong educational foundation that will serve your child well into the future.
What Makes Our Preschool Unique
Our school director, Theresa Albright, has been with our preschool since we opened in 2009. Additionally, our teachers have more than 75 combined years of experience in either a preschool or daycare setting. We all love what we do and have a passion for working in child care.
As a member of the Surprise community, we think it’s important to be involved in community events. We are a proud sponsor of Surprise Parks and Rec and participate in the Surprise Party every December. We also sponsor a day at the local ballpark for spring training, where families come out and have a great time enjoying baseball and ballpark food.
Unlike many preschools where children are in the same classroom all day, Phoenix Children’s Academy Surprise rotates children between our math and science room, creative arts room, and our technology lab every day. In addition, we have separate preschool classrooms for children in the same six month age range so that our students are with other children at a similar development level.
Address & Directions
15562 N Reems Rd
Surprise, AZ 85374
NW Corner of Reems & Greenway. 1 mile from the 303.
HoursMonday - Friday
6:00am - 6:30pm